There will only be 3 further spaces for writers during 2021:
1 remaining Bursary place
1-2 Standard Course places
1-2 Enhanced Course places
3 places will be made available in September (to start Oct-Dec).
Because of the limited numbers, I will not be able to offer a place to everyone who applies. Places will be offered, after a short application process, to writers who are highly likely to see their project through to completion. A four-Module short course is available for writers who don’t gain a place on the full course.
If you would like to apply for the full course, please go to this page.
‘Part One – Routes Forward’ (3-9 months) – £345
‘Part Two – Going Further’ (3-9 months) – £295
[or single payment of £580]
Parts One & Two (up to 12 months)
plus 5 extra 30-minute one-to-one, live workshops to keep you on track throughout the course
plus 25 extra pages of manuscript feedback
Price: £990 – available to maximum 3 writers in 2021
Three places for low income writers (please specify in application) –
‘Part One – Routes Forward’ – £195
‘Part Two – Going Further’ – £180
Parts One/Two include –
- Fifteen Modules of lesson content (over 30 PDFs plus extra links to online articles)
- Three 45-minute one-to-one tutorials/mentoring sessions, by Skype, Zoom or telephone call
- Detailed feedback on 11 flash fictions as the course progresses
- Detailed feedback on 14 further pages of manuscript by the course end-point
- Produce at least 32 chapters/flash fictions for your novella-in-flash by the end of the course
- NEW FEATURE: lifetime access to a Facebook Group for past and present course participants, featuring additional content. This group is not a feedback group but offers you further inspiration as you work through the course – and beyond!
- NEW FOR 2021: over 25 more writing prompts (100+ in total); 15 more exploration/brainstorming activities (30 in total); new links to classic articles about writing fiction; new links to example stories from novellas-in-flash; 10 activities from Michael’s “Slouch to 5k” coaching programme for writers
- Please see here for further info about what’s included
Optional feedback on longer final manuscript – £40 per 1,000 extra words, pro rata rates apply.
Fees payable by PayPal or bank transfer – please send your application in the first instance: Apply for the Course